Wojciech Pawlak M. Sc. Eng. born in 1981 in Lodz, Poland, he was married in 2005 and graduated in the year before from the Lodz University of Technology, Mechanical Engineering Faculty, specialization Materials Engineering, Surface Engineering. The subject of his dissertation was "Device project, its construction and measurement of the wetting angle in the system Ti6Al4V/TiCN".
- Physical Electronics Institute, University of Stuttgart, Germany (3 months students' practice) in the frame of the international of the students' exchange organized by IAESTE Organization;
- Institute of Electronic Materials Technology, Warsaw, Poland - students summer practice in Silicon Epitaxy Department;
- ASCO-Joucomatics, Lodz, Poland - students summer practice as a CNC maschine tool operator.
At the present moment he is a postgraduate student of the Doctoral Study "Machines Design and Exploitation" at the Mechanical Engineering Faculty of the Lodz University of Technology. In 2006 he has started his doctoral Thesis: "Manufacturing of multilayer low friction, wear resistant MeCN/C coatings on titanium alloys by means of a hybrid PVD method".
Scientific interests: His research activity concerns in general the problems of improvement tribological behaviour and wear of titanium alloys by means of diffusion treatment, coatings engineering and powder metalurgy.
He was a memeber a team performing investigations in a grant from the Polish State Committee for Scientific Research in the years 2004-2006 devoted to development of a new metal-ceramic composite in Ti6Al4V/TiCN system.
Bursar of the Regional Programme WIDDOK for Assistance of the Innovative Activity of Ph. D. Students of the Lodz Region co-financed by European Social Fund.
Languages: English - fluently, German - basic and Polish (native language).
- K.J. Kubiak, T.G. Mathia, B.G. Wendler, W. Pawlak: Tribological investigation of a new low wear coating system on Ti-6Al-4V. Proceedings of ICMCTF Conference San Diego 2009 Abstract
- B.G. Wendler, P. Nolbrzak, W. Pawlak, A. Rylski: Structure and properties of WC1-x/C coatings deposited by reactive magnetron sputtering on ASP2023 HSS steel and monocrystalline Si substrates. Materials Engineering (Poland) Vol. 165-166 (Year XXIV), Issue 5-6, Nov.-Dec. 2008, 655-657.
- B.G. Wendler, W. Pawlak: Low friction and wear resistant coating systems on Ti6Al4V alloy. J. of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering Vol. 26 Issue 2 February 2008, 207-210.
- B.G. Wendler, W. Pawlak: Principles of the functional gradient coatings deposition by means of low pressure cathode arc method with several independent arc sources. Chapter 7.2 in "Designing and manufacturing of gradient functional materials" - State Project PBZ-KBN-100/T08/2003 ordered by the Ministry of Science and Information Technology of Poland, Copyright by the Institute of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering of the Polish Academy of Science, Issue 1, Cracow 2007, ISBN 978-83-60768-00-6, pp. 210-216
- W. Pawlak, A. Mlotkowski, B. Wendler; Simulation by FEM method of the stresses produced in the matrix of the Ti6Al4V/TiCN composite after the sintering process. Materials Engineering 5 (153) Vol. XXVII (2006) 1170-1173 (in Polish).
- B. Wendler, W. Pawlak, J. Senkara, D. Sankowski, A. Kubiak, M. Jachowicz, A. Rylski, D. Grzelczyk: New metal-ceramic composite material in the system Ti6Al4V/TiN. Materials Engineering 5 (153) Vol. XXVII (2006) 1248-1254 (in Polish).
- B. Wendler, R. Rybiak, D. Rylska, W. Pawlak, M. Jachowicz, I. Siemieniec-Redlicka, A. Rylski: Basic characteristics of a new metal-ceramic composite Ti6Al4V/TiN. Materials Engineering 5 (153) Vol. XXVII (2006) 1255-1259 (in Polish).
- B. Wendler, D. Rylska, T. Li¶kiewicz, A. Rylski, M. Jachowicz, Ł. Kaczmarek, W. Pawlak: Protective coating on metal alloys deposited by means of PVD methods. Surface Engineering 2 (2005) 14-18 (in Polish).
- B. Wendler, D. Sankowski, J. Senkara, A. Rylski, W. Pawlak, Ł. Kaczmarek, M. Jachowicz: Influence of chemical composition of ceramic phase of Ti6Al4V/Ti(CxNy) system on wetting ange parameter. Surface Engineering 5 (2005) 647 - 649 (in Polish).
- W. Pawlak: Carbide phases transformations during nitriding. Publicated materials of XXIII Seminar of Scientific Circle of Mechanic WAT, 23 - 25. 04. 2004 Warszawa - Żegiestów (in Polish).